USDA Meal Information

Michigan Department of Education

Child and Adult Care Food Program

Where Healthy Eating Becomes a Habit

Parent Informat

This child care center is a participant in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) program.  The CACFP provides cash reimbursement to child care centers for nutritious meals and helps children develop healthy eating habits.  The CACFP is administered by the Michigan Department of Education.  

Through the Child and Adult Care Food Program you can be assured that your child is getting balanced, nutritious meals and developing healthy lifelong eating habits.  Proper nutrition during the early years ensures fewer physical and educational problems later in life.  

MDE is required to verify the enrollment, attendance, and meals/snacks typically consumed by children while they are in care.  MDE staff may contact you regarding your child's participation in our program.

If you have any questions about the Child and Adult Care Food Program, please contact:

Clare-Gladwin RESD

(989) 386-8673

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

For all other FNS nutrition assistance programs, States or local agencies, and their subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contain USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form ( ) (AD-3027) found online at: , and at any USDA office, or write a letter to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (86)32-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202)690-7422; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.