Clare-Gladwin RESD provides pupil accounting auditing services to the local school districts and public school academies in Clare and Gladwin counties as well as to those in Midland, Gratiot, Bay-Arenac, Mecosta-Osceola, and Isabella counties.
Michigan has established two official count days during the school year. It is the Pupil Accounting department's responsibility to audit each local school district's student count and verify each district has used the statewide procedures and guidelines.
Additional services provided include:
- Acting as a liaison between the Michigan Department of Education and local school districts regarding pupil accounting issues and keeping local officials abreast of any changes to the rules.
- Verifying the minimum number of instructional hours for each school district.
- Assisting local school districts with the required Graduation and Drop-out report.
- Providing guidance for Career-Technical Education and Middle College scheduling to ensure the minimum number of instructional hours is maintained.
- Conducting field audits of school buildings' records and pupil accounting procedures on a rotating basis each year.