What We DoAbout Us
Created by the legislature in 1962, Clare-Gladwin RESD is one of 56 intermediate school districts in Michigan. CGRESD helps the five local school districts in Clare and Gladwin counties with programs and services that are best provided on a regional basis - those that are highly specialized or those that are more cost-efficient to do together.The RESD helps communities make the best use of educational resources by collaborating with school districts, higher education, non-profit organizations, businesses, and more.
Our Mission:Clare-Gladwin RESD enables and inspires the best in every student, teacher and parent.
School Districts We Serve:Beaverton Rural SchoolsClare Public SchoolsFarwell Area SchoolsGladwin Community SchoolsHarrison Community Schools
Excellence in Education Services:
- Successful completion of many of the Clare-Gladwin Career Center’s career and technical education programs includes state or national certifications and articulated college credit. All fulfill the fourth-year MME math credit.
- CGRESD provides a range of special education services to over 1,000 students with the goal of ensuring success in the general curriculum.
- CGRESD was among the first intermediate school districts in the state to provide full technology services to all of its local districts.
- Created in 2003, the S.P.A.R.K.S. program is one of the largest and longest running 21st Century Community Learning Centers in Michigan.
- The RESD recently received an 18-acre donation which will be used to increase learning opportunities for students in many of the RESD’s programs.
Programs and Services:Clare-Gladwin RESD provides the following programs and services to the students, educators, and community members of Clare and Gladwin counties. To find out more about these offerings, please explore our website!
- Heidi Rocha, Culinary Arts Instructor at the Clare-Gladwin Career Center, was named 2013 Teacher of the Year by the Michigan Restaurant Association.
- The Clare-Gladwin Career Center
- Early Childhood Services
- S.P.A.R.K.S. After-School and Summer-School Programs
- Special Education
- Professional Development and Training
- Pupil Accounting
- Business Office
- Regional Educational Media Center (REMC 5)
Our Partnerships:CGRESD is proud to collaborate with the following local organizations to provide the best possible resources and opportunities to those we serve.
- Mid Michigan Community College
- Local School Districts (Beaverton, Clare, Farwell, Gladwin and Harrison Schools)
- MidMichigan Health
- Gladwin County Friends of the Library
- Habitat for Humanity
- Mid Michigan Community Action Agency
- Clare County Transit
- Imagination Library Supporters