Welcome to the Clare-Gladwin Area School! The Area School serves students in Clare and Gladwin counties who are eligible to receive services under the categories of moderate and severe cognitive impairments, severe multiple impairments, autism spectrum disorders and traumatic brain injuries.Our staff work in collaboration with local districts and families to provide center-based programs and services to students between the ages of 6 and 26.
Located on the grounds of Clare-Gladwin RESD, the educational emphasis at the Clare-Gladwin Area School is manifested in our functional curriculum. Students learn daily living and social skills which will help them at school, home, and as a contributing member of their community. Older students receive job training through work enclaves and individual work experiences.
Staff members at the Area School work diligently to meet the students' individual needs. It is our desire to help each person who attends by providing enriching and challenging learning experiences.
Teacher hours are from 8am - 3:15pm and ParaProfessionals from 8:15am - 3pm.BELIEFS
Contact Us:Clare-Gladwin Area School
- All students should be given the opportunity to learn and succeed.
- The goal for each student is to reach his/her potential.
- All individuals have value, worth, and the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- All individuals have the right to privacy, their opinion, and personal safety.
- All students have the right to have their individual needs addressed.
- All students have the right to have options.
- Students learn in different ways and at different rates.
- All staff can create conditions for learning.
- Families, staff and the community work as a team to prepare students for success in the global community.
- The mission and vision are responsibilities we all share.
4041 East Mannsiding Road
Clare, MI 48617
(989) 386-3682 / fax: (989) 386-6840