Administrators Need to Know
Administrative support for local homeless liaisons and/or families of children and youth is imperative to eliminating barriers. Some of the supports needed to be addressed by the administrators are: implementing policy and procedures, educational stability, school access, appoint and empower local homeless liaison, and federal/state funding for McKinney-Vento and Title I allowables in the School Improvement Plans (SIP).
McKinney-Vento Law into Practice
- Children and Youth in Many Different Living Situations Are Considered Homeless Under Federal Law
- Districts Must Provide Educational Stability for Homeless Students
- Districts Must Provide Immediate School Access for Homeless Students
- Districts Must Appoint a Local Homeless Education Liaison
- Districts Must Serve Homeless Students with Title I Funds